About the Commission
The Commission is the patron of all types of performing arts, namely: theatre, dance, circus, stand-up comedy, street performances, ballet, and the Opera. This includes the activation and management of theater houses and performance venues, while encouraging quality of content, increased production, and the dissemination of performing arts as an essential component of national culture.
Inspiring performances by exceptional talents on every stage.
Stimulate the development and growth of the theater and performing arts sector by enabling a diverse ecosystem of Saudi talent to create content that inspires audiences and sustains careers.
- Content creation: Enhancing the quantity and diversity of content while ensuring the highest quality standards.
- Production: Increasing the quantity and diversity of local production while ensuring the highest quality standards.
- Publishing and distribution: Ensuring accessibility of the theater and performing arts sector across all social groups and regions, for both audiences and practitioners.
- Awareness: Increasing awareness of the Saudi theater and performing arts sector among audiences and practitioners.
- Reception: Engaging a broader audience and generating demand for theatrical performances among different regions and demographics.
(2021-2023) Establishment of the Sector: The Theater and Performing Arts Commission will focus on building the sector’s foundations, developing talent and capabilities, and supporting and financing events. The Commission will regulate and license artists, and enable and finance the production of the National Theatre and private sector. In addition, the Commission will work on spreading awareness of performance art, both locally and Internationally, strengthening and partnering with the third sector, and enabling its expansion over time.
(2024-2027) Develop the Sector: The Theater and Performing Arts Commission will engage and develop cultural societies, increase community participation, raise awareness of Saudi culture through the international representation and support careers and jobs.
(2028-2030) Focus on raising the sector's maturity level: The Commission will focus on empowering and partnering with the third and private sector to sustain momentum for the theater and performing arts in Kingdom.